- There are still some teams to get legal rosters. I'm not home tonight so I'm physically unable to process the cuts until very late Tuesday night or on Wednesday, so I'm extending the deadline for now until tonight at midnight Eastern (this was originally midnight Pacific but the person with the most teams to fix just completed).
- We'll adjust the deadline for the first redistribution draft picks accordingly. Some of you ask for extensions when the deadline is Super Bowl Sunday, so this way we avoid that.
- With this little extension, this also gives everyone a shot
to reconsider any decisions about
- At the time the roster cuts are processed, all 2021 salaries are deducted for the players you keep
- If Tanaka later signs with a team in Japan - you can cut him after the Redistribution Draft, but you will only get an 80% rebate for his 2021 salary.
- Your choice is to keep him and take the chance he finds a home in MLB and risking losing 20% of his salary if he doesn't - or cut him now and risk that he does in fact stay in the US and you've lost the pitcher.
- Obviously if you have Tanaka under contract for 2021 or beyond, you've already paid for him and you won't get that money back, so you only risk taking up a roster spot by keeping him, you're not risking any cash.
- Where do you have Tanaka? You can view all your rosters and search for him on the web page or check the all your players page
- To be clear, if the deadline passes but a Tanaka signing in Japan is announced before I process the cuts, Tanaka will be removed from all rosters at that time and teams will not be charged for his 2021 salary
- While we wait for tonight's extended deadline for roster cuts, I've reset the transaction order for the Redistribution Draft and the off season. Remember that we had a Covid-season change that, among other things, put the winner of the Bottom Feeder Open in the first spot of the order rather than the team with the worst record.
- There are still some teams that are not at the
28-man limit. Some it appears haven't started,
some are over one of the limits.
- Check your teams for errors
- I don't want to do the cut downs for you - so I've extended the deadline until 1 AM Eastern time tonight. Depending on the feedback I get it may go a little later, but every extension will cut into the time that everyone else has for the first set of Redistribution Draft picks that are due on Sunday, Feb. 7.
- Are you getting "deceptive site" warnings while using Chrome to visit BWB? One quick suggestion is to try a different browser. However, you can also change your security settings in Chrome to prevent the constant warnings and perform your tasks without interruption.
- Reminder - you must cut your rosters down to 28 or
fewer players by Sunday night (midnight Pacific Time)
- You'll have to pay the 2021 salary for the players you keep at that time. You will not receive additional cash until Opening Day, so keep enough for the Redistribution Draft and for pre-season free agency.
- If you're going to be paying for individual teams and not one of the packages, you can save $5 per team if you pay by Saturday night at midnight Pacific (or shown on the site as 3 AM EST on 1/24/2021). See your payment summary.
Did You Know? BWB is now listed on John Skilton's Baseball Links