Change - for 2017, rosters will be modified to a
4-man taxi squad instead of 2.
- Total roster size stays at 40, so minor league slots are reduced from 12 to 10
- The rules pages should all be changed - it will take a little while to modify all the roster warnings for roster sizes throughout the site. The warnings for Phase One draft pages should now be current with the new rule.
- Tonight is the deadline to save $5 per team on your 2017 payment - deadline is midnight EST. Check your payment status
- Home of the Brave Phase One Draft Complete - See the
Home of the Brave
- Rosters loaded, finances updated, and available player list reflects the draft results
- We now move on to Phase Two of the draft - See your team rosters for a link to pick players. The picks for Phase One, Part One are due at midnight EST on Tuesday, January 24
- Are you a baseball/fantasy baseball writer, blogger, or podcaster? Or other media-type person with an interest in fantasy baseball? Among the open orphan teams we have right now are 5 teams in the Experts League - a league set up for experts/media to compete, direct some web traffic in their direction, and maybe eventually get out the word about Benchwarmer Baseball. Contact us via email for more details
- Oh - hey - I forgot to reset the transaction order for the draft - it's now correct and ready for the Redistribution Draft - all the league champs draft 16th, runners up draft 15th, and the other two division winners go 13th & 14th.
- Welcome to Benchwarmer Baseball - It's a different
form of fantasy baseball as we play individual head-to-head
games simulated from daily MLB stats - this isn't a Rotisserie
- This is fantasy baseball 365 days a year. Teams just cut their rosters for 2017 down to 28 players, and now we're starting the Redistribution Draft - which gives teams that finished poorly last year an edge in restocking rosters up to 40 players.
- Check out the Benchwarmer Baseball Tour for an introduction.
- New 16-team
leagues are now forming for 2017. But, if you'd
like to attempt to turn around a struggling team,
these orphan teams
are available...pick up an existing team and rebuild it,
rather than start from scratch.
- If you're a first-time owner, you play under the "rookie rate" of $35 for your first team (normal price, $65)
- Orphan teams are also just $35 - about 1/2 the normal price.
- If you're interested, your first step is to sign up here. Then go ahead and pick out a new league or check out the orphan list again.
- Are you already a BWB team owner and want to add teams? Check first to see if you have an available bonus team from 2016 or else add new teams here. Email us if you want an orphan team and we'll set you up.
Did You Know? If you refer a new owner to BWB, you can save $5 on your team