- Salary calculations have been fixed and the salaries on the site are now corrected. Again - these do not yet include the premium salary adjustments.
- With the salary corrections, I need to double-check the cap value for 2019. I plan to have that verified/corrected by Tuesday night.
- Your rosters are now set to post-season mode and you can begin to pick the players you want to keep/cut for 2019. This process is not yet updated for the "prospects," so the roster limits warnings are not accurate and at this point, the prospects are not shown on your roster page. This should get fixed by Sunday, Nov 25
- Trades are now open - the first fall trade period deadline is Sunday, Dec. 9 at midnight Eastern.
- First step before you can do any trading or pick your carryover players - indicate if you're keeping each of your teams in 2019. You must answer "yes" before you may submit any trades or before anyone can contact you for trades. Deadline is December 9 or we assume the unanswered teams become Orphans.
- There's another issue with salaries - for at least several players didn't play in MLB, their 2019 salary is showing as the same as 2018...and that's not right. I will redo the whole salary calculation to make sure it's right. This may affect the salary cap (but unlikely to have much effect).
- Hey, looks like some salaries are screwed up. Someone let me know about Zack Wheeler being off and as I take a quick look at the salary calculation it appears as though some pitchers were incorrectly calculated at the minimum salary for 2018 stats (including Wheeler, Strasburg, Leake, Kyle Gibson, and some others). I'll need a bit to figure out what went wrong with that...
- OK - I'm very sorry for the delays - but you can now see some of the results of the setup for 2019. Players now have new (incomplete) salaries for 2019 and their positions are set for 2019.
- Usually I post some things in late October/early November and that allows me some staggered updates, but since I didn't get the salaries/positions done earlier, I was stuck a bit in having to change too many things all at one time.
- Salary cap cash has been distributed. The 2019 salary cap is 38490 (was 42034 in 2018).
- Free bonus teams have been distributed.
- Here's what is upcoming and will gradually become
active on the website:
- 2019 Salaries are not yet final - I still need to go through and add in the premium salary adjustments for top MLB performers that will increase some salaries 1-30%. My plan is to have all the salaries final by Sunday night, Nov 25.
- Any player showing an "x" in their position didn't have any MLB stats in 2018, so I need to go back in and check what they did in the minors in 2018 (or maybe they didn't play at all) - those positions may change. That usually takes a lot of time and will be finished sometime in December.
- Soon I'll open up a page to allow you to indicate which teams you're keeping in 2019.
- By Monday night, I plan to open up your options to begin trading with other teams.
- As soon as possible, I will open up the page to allow you to indicate which players you want to keep for 2019 and which ones you'll release into the Redistribution Draft.
- New leagues for 2019 will be opened soon.
- As people indicate they're dropping teams, orphans will become available.
- Upcoming schedule/deadlines (some changes
- Soon through Sunday, Dec. 9: Fall Trading Period 1
- Monday, Dec. 10 though Sunday, Dec. 30: Fall Trading Period 2
- Sunday, Jan 13: Roster retention choices due
- Sunday, Feb 3: Redistribution Draft choices due
Did You Know? If you refer a new owner to BWB, you can save $5 on your team