- I'm on vacation through Wednesday night and my time and ability to answer questions or fix issues will be limited. Go ahead and contact me if you've got a question or problem, but understand that my response may be delayed.
- Tobacco Road League is full - I've reset the draft list due date to Friday night, January 25, at midnight Eastern time.
- Welcome to Benchwarmer Baseball - It's
a unique form of fantasy baseball as we play 150 individual
head-to-head games in a season simulated from daily MLB
stats - this isn't a Rotisserie game.
- This is fantasy baseball 365 days a year. Teams have just cut down their 40-man rosters to a maximum of 28 players that they can carry over onto their 2019 squads. They are now about to participate in the annual Redistribution Draft, where teams that finished poorly last season get some advantages to try to rebuild for this year and the future.
- Check out the Benchwarmer Baseball Tour for an introduction.
- Check out our
list of new leagues for 2019 that you can join to
begin your dynasty. Or, if you'd like to attempt
to turn around a struggling team, view our available
...pick up an existing team and rebuild it,
rather than start from scratch.
- If you're a first-time owner, you play under the "rookie rate" of $35 for your first team (normal price, $65)
- Orphan teams are also just $35 - about 1/2 the normal price.
- If you're interested, your first step is to sign up here. Then go ahead and pick out a new league or check out the orphan list again.
- Are you already a BWB team owner and want to add teams? Check first to see if you have an available bonus team from 2018 or else add new teams here. Email us if you want an orphan team and we'll set you up.
- Results of carryover choices posted. View the Transactions page to see the cuts in your league.
- The 2019 Redistribution Draft is now open. You'll have just about 3 full weeks to make your selections (see the link on your team roster). Deadline is Sunday night 2/3/19 Midnight EST.
- For more information, see the rules regarding the Redistribution Draft
- There's nearly 3 weeks to do your list for Round 1, but you
should consider building for all 5 rounds
- Then, after Feb 3, we post the results of only Round 1 only - any drafted players will be removed from the remainder of your lists.
- You'll have 2 weeks to redo draft lists (if you choose), then we post the results of only Round 2 (again removing drafted players from your rounds 3-5)
- Then one more week for an optional redo of your draft lists, and we post the results of Rounds 3-5
- The season calendar of deadlines
is posted, but the
deadlines for the Redistribution Draft are:
- Sun 2/3 - First submission - we post results for Round 1
- Sun 2/17 - Adjust your lists for Rounds 2-5 - we post results for Round 2
- Sun 2/24 - Adjust your lists for Rounds 3-5 - we post results for the remaining 3 rounds
- The draft order is not yet updated - check back later this week
- With all the cuts - the Trade Rumors list is cleared out in our annual deletion of everything.
- Any players on your Prospect Roster have been moved back to your 40-man roster. You can begin to move players to prospect status again after the Redistribution Draft.
Did You Know? BWB is now listed on John Skilton's Baseball Links