- Welcome to Benchwarmer Baseball - It's a different
form of fantasy baseball as we play individual head-to-head
games simulated from daily MLB stats - this isn't a Rotisserie
- This is fantasy baseball 365 days a year. Teams are now completing choosing the players they want to carry over into the 2015 season. 28 players maximum - they need to stay under the salary cap - all the cast off players go back into the free agent pool.
- Check out the Benchwarmer Baseball Tour for an introduction.
- There are new leagues forming and will draft from scratch before the 2015 season. But, if you'd like to attempt to turn around a struggling team, these orphan teams are available...pick up an existing team and rebuild it, rather than start from scratch.
- Winter trading period 1 posted - Trades now open again with deadline Sat Jan 3
- Over 100 players removed from the player list (more to
come) - these players were on BWB rosters and are now gone:
- Carlos Gutierrez
- Brandon Laird
- Wade LeBlanc
- Barret Loux
- Michael Main
- Daisuke Matsuzaka
- Miles Mikolas
- Hiroyuki Nakajima
- Kolbrin Vitek
- Player additions (based on 40-man rosters) most likely to show up after the Jan 3 trade deadline.
- One more day to get to posting trades - look for it Thursday night. In the meantime, what I have been working on is an enhancement to the trade process: When someone accepts a trade, all other open trade requests involving any players in that accepted trade will be automatically cancelled. This should eliminate the situation where the same player is traded to different teams.
- I'm aware of emails from the game bouncing such as your league broadcasts and/or trade requests (I get a copy of them all). I will be requesting a server change for the website for other reasons to get me off old technology (and more expensive/unsupported). I need to wait until that's done to really dig into the problem. For many domains, the IP address of the mail server where BWB messages come from is on a blocked/spam list. In some cases bounces are due to bad/obsolete owner email addresses.
- More 2015 Rule Changes:
Did You Know? Rate This Site at Skilton's Baseball Links