- Welcome to Benchwarmer Baseball - It's a different
form of fantasy baseball as we play individual head-to-head
games simulated from daily MLB stats - this isn't a Rotisserie
- This is fantasy baseball 365 days a year. Teams are now going through two post-season trade periods - and are beginning to choose which players from their roster to keep for 2017. Teams can keep up to 28 players each season - but must also be able to fit them under a salary cap.
- Check out the Benchwarmer Baseball Tour for an introduction.
- New 16-team
leagues are now forming for 2017. But, if you'd
like to attempt to turn around a struggling team,
these orphan teams
are available...pick up an existing team and rebuild it,
rather than start from scratch.
- If you're a first-time owner, you play under the "rookie rate" of $35 for your first team (normal price, $65)
- Orphan teams are also just $35 - about 1/2 the normal price.
- If you're interested, your first step is to sign up here. Then go ahead and pick out a new league or check out the orphan list again.
- Are you already a BWB team owner and want to add teams? Check first to see if you have an available bonus team from 2016 or else add new teams here. Email us if you want an orphan team and we'll set you up.
- Possible rule change on roster sizes and number of players to carry over each winter? See the outline of the changes and provide any feedback you might have.
- Deadline for the current trading period is extended - now set for Friday night, December 16 at 11:59:59 PM EST - Any open trade that had an expiration date at the deadline on 12/13 was automatically extended out through Friday night.
- Deadline to let us know if you're keeping your teams for 2017 is also moved back to Friday night 12/16 - if you haven't yet answered - go here
- Week Twenty-nine Transactions posted. Week 30 deadline (2nd period of fall trading) is Tuesday, December 13 at 11:59 PM EST. Deadline would have been Sunday 12/11, but I'll be out of town with no access to a computer, so I'll pass on the extra 2 days to you.
- You should also be working on your carry over selections, particularly if you have multiple teams - the deadline for cutting down to 28 or fewer players is Sunday, December 25.
- See weekly transaction deadlines
- Save 10% - Black Friday through Cyber Monday - Season Tickets are $265 instead of $295. Play as many teams as you want in 2017 for less than the normal price of 6 teams. Offer good November 25 - 28.
- You can check your total due for 2017. Reminder, if you're paying for single teams you can save $5 per team if you pay during the first 2 weeks of January.
Did You Know? You can specify a second email address in your personal profile